HOW TO Manage YOUR Mindset
02 May, 2018
Once you get your mindset right, everything else falls into place. It’s the best weight loss and life elevating tool you possess, but you have to constantly focus on keeping your thoughts in check for success!
4 Steps to a Healthy Mindset
1. Let it Go NOW!
The first step in letting go is being aware of our bad habit of negative thought processes…..ie the thoughts that no longer serve you.
Any limiting or closed-minded beliefs that are not supporting you on your journey need to GO. With practice, work on letting them go by applying steps 2-5.
2. Shift to grow
The best way to shift is to take 3 deep cleansing breaths before reacting. Then think of three things you are grateful for …health, family, profession, friendship etc…
3. Practice, Practice, Practice
Cultivate the positive in every situation.
How can you shift your mindset to look at the positive rather than focusing on the negative?…look at the positive lesson in each situation that disturbs you in life!
Find the silver lining – there is ALWAYS a lesson to be learned from every experience – whether good or bad.
Actively try to find that lesson rather than falling into “victim mode.” Ask yourself, what did you learn? How did you grow? What will you do differently next time?
Shift into gratitude – this is one of the quickest and easiest ways to practice all of the above.
When you take the ego out of the situation, and instead connect with your heart and focus on what you are grateful for in your life, it reduces the significance of any daunting situation that lays before you.
4. YOU MUST Develop a Morning Ritual
Here are some of the rituals I have found to be helpful:
1. Do NOT pick up your phone or computer until you have completed your rituals.
I am not going to lie – the first thing I want to do when I wake up is pick up my phone, check my emails and begin my day.
But that immediately catapults me into the future versus being in the present moment. So I encourage you to give yourself 30 minutes in the morning, to yourself before diving into your to-do lists.
This may mean waking up 10-15 minutes earlier.
2. Daily affirmation or morning meditation – you can do this before you get out of bed or you can do this in the shower.
Taking 3-5 minutes to focus on your breathing or an affirmation for the day. Focus on what you want to bring more of into your life.
3. Morning Stretch for the body and mind. Take small movements and simple stretches to get the energy flowing through your body.
Perhaps sitting in child’s pose, stretching from side to side, doing a few half sun salutations….and don’t forget that lower back!
4. Morning Gratitude practice – this can be done during meditation in your mind or you can take a few minutes to write down in your journal the things you are grateful for.
It can be as simple as “I am grateful for the coffee I am about to drink” or “a hot shower” or you can get deep.
5. Hot water with lemon, OR DETOXIFYING GINGER TEA Anything we do that is routine can become a ritual. So making your morning beverage can become a mindful practice.
Focus on the warmth and the comfort it bring you. Close your eyes and enjoy every sip.
6. Bonus: Practice morning self-love by taking 1 minute to look at yourself in the mirror – either face or full naked body and admire yourself. Say to yourself “I love you.”
P.S. Please share this with your Family and Friends and I invite you to comment below. What do you do each day to make sure your mindset is at it’s best?